We were touched by the faultless and emotive performance of the young saxophonist Joan Martí
The impeccable technique and malleability of baritone saxophonist Joan Martí-Frasquier put the touch of excellence.
I consider myself a dynamic musician. I feel most involved in today’s music and I am always open to new artistic experiences.
After graduating in Barcelona I went to France to continue my studies with Christophe Bois (ENM Bourges), Philippe Braquart (CNR Montpellier) and, some years later, Damien Royannais (CRR Limoges) with the best marks. This experience has very much marked my professional career.
I am member of the “Association Bar&Co” that deals with the baritone saxophone development in classical and contemporary music, organizing the International Baritone Summits in Ambazac (France) and managing the “Editions Bar&Co”. I also collaborated with Dutch collective Baritone Institute and I did some masterclasses and workshops on baritone saxophone.
I have premiered more than thirty works by several composers as Joan Bagés, José Luis Campana, Sergio Fidemraizer, Timothy Harenda and Enric Riu.
My solo projects include new compositions and other outstanding pieces for baritone saxophone: COLOURS (music and visual arts), 21th CENTURY MUSIC FOR BARITONE SAXOPHONE and SCRATCH (with Morphosis DUO).
Before starting my soloist career, I mainly performed in chamber music groups, as SAX 3+1 saxophone quartet (since 1994), different contemporary music ensembles and other groups.
I recorded three albums with SAX 3+1 and collaborated with different sorts of musicians. Furthermore, I issued my first solo album BELIEVER in Spring 2015.
I have performed in different festivals and outstanding events in Andorra, Australia, Austria, Brazil, Estonia, France, Italy, New Zealand, Portugal, Scotland, Spain and Switzerland.
I am teaching saxophone since scholar year 1992-93. I did it in different music schools from Catalonia and France: Agrupació Musical Rapitenca (1992-98 and 2002-03), Unió Musical de Tarragona (1994-99), Conservatori i Escola de Música de Reus (1998-99), EMM Meung sur-Loire (1999-2001), La Chaussée-Saint-Victor (2000-01), La Chapelle Saint-Ursin (2000-01), Unió Filharmònica d’Amposta (2002-03), Juan Pedro Carrero Barcelona (2002-04) and EMM Premià de Mar (2002-05).
I am now saxophone teacher at Escola i Conservatori de Música de Reus (Reus, Catalonia, Spain) since June 2003. I like to teach saxophone, saxophone ensemble, chamber music and introduce all styles of music (but specially, contemporary) to my students and form them as open-minded musicians and persons.
Since I focused my career on the baritone saxophone, I had the chance to do some masterclasses and workshops in other places:
- Tutor at Baritone Institute from Andorra Sax-Fest (Andorra-la-Vella, Andorre), April 2017
- Tutor at Saxophone Academy Sydney Summer School (Sydney, Australia), January 2017
- Tutor at NZ Classical Saxophone Summer School (Taranaki, New Zealand), January 2017
- Baritone workshop at Conservatorium van Amsterdam (Amsterdam, The Netherlands), May 2016
- Masterclass at Andorra Sax-Fest (Andorra La Vella, Andorra), April 2016
- Tutor at Baritone Institute from SaxOpen (Wintzenheim, France), July 2015
- Masterclasses at Andorra Sax-Fest (Andorra La Vella, Andorra), June 2013
- Baritone workshop at ESMuC (Barcelona, Spain), March 2013
- Baritone workshop at CSMA (Zaragoza, Spain), November 2012